Monday, June 17, 2013

For real I had sheep intestines on Friday



We didn't receive a specific letter for everyone on the blog again today, but I will share parts of the letters Elder Dixson sent to his dad and I.  We are praying for his stomach to tolerate the food a bit better!

Letters from June 17, 2013
Hey mom!
Haha don’t worry so much about my health! I’m totally fine, little by little my stomach is getting used to it. Thx for not telling me about the lovely American food, dad already did, punk haha jk. But no for real I had sheep intestines on Friday and Sunday I had cow stomach. The sheep intestines were the nastiest things in the universe!!!!! Just the smell made me gag so hard. The cow stomach was easier to tolerate but still way gross. I’m warm enough and tonight I’ll find out if I stay or go. Some Elders are saying for sure I’m probably going to Lima, and others say probably not. The reason is cuz they started Elder Gurumendi here 2 weeks early to learn the area cuz they knew they wanted me in Lima cuz im awesome haha. But we will see. There’s a McDonalds in Lima so you know what I’m hoping for haha. I’m super pumped about Jake and a little jealous cuz Iquitos is all jungle. Kind of not jealous too cuz I’m not a big fan of mosquitoes and snakes. Tons of mosquitoes there!!!! There is a rule that we can’t use parents credit card unless we get direct permission from the pres. But no te preocupes I got everything I need. All I really need is a song in my heart, food in my belly, and love in my family! Tell my sisters I love them lots! I love you!
Con mucho amor,
Zach
 
Hey dad!
The stomach seems to constantly be an issue, but it hasn’t really affected my ability to work yet. I haven’t vomited this week so poco a poco I seem to be getting used to the food. Man just thinking about that American food makes my mouth water haha.  But I’m surviving haha.  My Spanish is pretty solid. I understand almost everything. Every once in a while I have to say sorry cuz I don’t understand a key word in a sentence but other than that I can teach and respond super well. I am way grateful for God’s help in that! haha pobrecita. Peru is great. The people are wonderful and I couldn’t be happier. It’s going by way fast though. Take care of the fam. I love you a ton papi. Oh and Happy Father’s day!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry it’s only like the 2nd time I’ve thought about it. But you know how much i love you man. You are seriously the best dad in the world. I’m so grateful for all you have done for me. I love you so much! Elder Zach Dixson

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment