Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Having one of the 15 men on the earth that has Apostolic keys look me in the eyes and talk directly to me for about 10 minutes is one of the greatest experiences that I have ever had.

APRIL 23, 2013

Hey Family!

How are things?  So the most amazing thing just happened today.  Elder Bednar came to our MTC and talked to us!  I knew last week I just forgot to tell you.  But it was ridiculous!  He said it was like one of the smallest groups of missionaries that he has ever talked to.  He opened it up for questions and I asked him if a person’s relationship with Christ got so close and if I had enough faith, would I be able to know that He is real and be able to see Him like the brother of Jared.  Having one of the 15 men on the earth that has Apostolic keys look me in the eyes and talk directly to me for about 10 minutes is one of the greatest experiences that I have ever had.  He told me absolutely.  But the more I press on it the more likely it is to not happen and to just be patient and live righteously.  Amazing huh? Then after it was over I got to shake his hand.  What’s up??!!!  Ya it was great.  So anyways I have been totally healthy this week and just livin it up here in the ccm.  I love feeling the spirit everyday here.  So on Saturday we got to go proselytizing.  Every English speaking elder was supposed to go out with a Latino elder but the ratio was off so I had to go with an elder who just came from Provo.  We had a teacher come with us but it was still super frustrating cuz I thought I knew a lot more Spanish than I understood. But hey I probably needed to be humbled a bit.  The place that we were tracting in was crazy.  You wouldn’t believe how poor it is here, and we were in the nice part of the city.  People live in these little so called houses that were smaller than most of the rooms in our houses. It was very sad and humbling but they were still super nice and happy and loving people.  Don’t let money dictate how happy you are.  We live like kings in America. I love you so much! Well familia the church is so true.  And I know that the Book of Mormon can answer any problems or questions you have.  I also know especially today that the leaders of our church, the Prophet and his Apostles are inspired and they speak the words of God.  Jesus loves you so much.  He wants us to be soooo happy! And the only way we can be happy is through obedience.  I love you all so much!  Elder Dixson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment